Home Forum General Librogame e dintorni Books-games in Russia

Cerca nel sito

Il Sondaggione!!

Librogame Magnifico 2024, primo turno: vota il miglior LG dell'anno!

Books-games in Russia

Books-games in Russia

Hail! I'm a writer from the Russian community of fans of the books games (https://quest-book.ru/). We try to make friends abroad, maintain good relations with the communities of books, games in Bulgaria, France, Spain, and would like to know more about how is the situation with the books-games in Italy)

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Books-games in Russia

I move this thread in the General Area

Il mondo si divide in 2 categorie: chi ha la pistola carica e chi scava. Tu scavi.

Ald
Responsabile Community
Amministratore
useravatar
2664 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Please, ask questions, communicate. Please tell us how the modern society treats books-games in Italy?

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Skald ha scritto:

Please, ask questions, communicate. Please tell us how the modern society treats books-games in Italy?

Hello!
We are living a Silver Age of gamebooks here. We just saw lots of new books on our stores, and their quality is very good. Many new projects are coming up.

"La grammatica è tutto ciò che conta"

gabrieleud
Ssisaggi style
Principe del Sole
ranks
useravatar
6533 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Good to hear! Tell me, what books-games do you consider the best for the first acquaintance? Which of the Italian game books have already been translated into other languages? What authors do you think write the best books-games in Italy? Thanks.

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Hi, fellow countryman!

Others might correct me, but I do not think that any Italian gamebooks have ever been translated to English.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that the best Italian gamebooks are:
-The Kata Kumbas trilogy, written by Umberto Pignatelli and Francesca Baerald
-The Ultima Forsan trilogy, written by Mauro Longo
-Le Fatiche di Autolico, written by Francesco di Lazzaro and Mauro Longo

I have no idea if a translation for any of the books above is in the works.

At any rate, I hear that Umberto Pignatelli is writing a new gamebook. It should come out next year.

Moloch.
Iniziato
ranks
useravatar
74 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Hail! That's very interesting. In Russia, I read books-games of different countries, but about the Italian book-games I have only seen an article in which very little was told. As I understand it, in Italy, unlike many other countries, books, games are still in high demand, willingly published by many publishers and read?

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

As far as I can tell, they started being popular again in the last few years. Gamebooks reached peak popularity in Italy during the eighties and early nineties. They went out of fashion after that, but as I’ve said before, the situation has drastically improved.

Moloch.
Iniziato
ranks
useravatar
74 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Lone Wolf is also a series much beloved here in Italy, even if it is a foreign series. The new books 29 and 30 have been published in Italian, even before the English version.

firebead_elvenhair
Ultimo Vero Eroe
Barone del Sole
ranks
useravatar
2835 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

That's fine! It's all very interesting. In General, in different countries there was a parallel situation: in 70 \ 80\90 years there was a rise in the popularity of books, games (and in this period, many books, games resembled the likeness of computer games, which could compete), in the 2000s there was a sharp decline (there were many other forms of leisure, computer games and movies have become more technologically advanced), and then begins the Renaissance of books, games. But in other countries, as I see it, it is more timid than in Italy. In Russia, there is only one publishing house that produces only books-games in small editions, and occasionally something is published somewhere else. In Bulgaria, the situation is better, but not to say very much, although some authors publish on a par with the "normal" literature of the book-games as "interactive novels", mainly in Sofia. In Germany, as I recently learned, there is a publishing house "Mantikore", which publishes books-games (basically they like "Das Schwarze Auge"). In Spain and Spanish-speaking countries mostly like books-games in the style of CYOA, but now read a little and attitude as to frivolous books, although there are books for adults, serious. In France, there is a publishing house "Gallimard", which previously published avant-garde works, then books-games, and publishes them now, as well as a number of other publishers (publish books-games about The Great French Revolution and other popular topics). In Japan, as far as I know, books-games were created as an imitation of computer games, put on paper: I learned how things were before, but I do not know how they are now. Well, in the UK and the US is more or less stable, although there is no such hype as in the 70-90s. How do Italian readers generally feel about game books? As to literature for teenagers, or as to enough serious?

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Info Forum

Statistiche Forum:

Totale Discussioni:
Totale Sondaggi:
Totale Messaggi: