Home Forum General Librogame e dintorni Books-games in Russia

Cerca nel sito

Il Sondaggione!!

Librogame Magnifico 2024, primo turno: vota il miglior LG dell'anno!

Demoniache Presenze Fortino Librarsi - 6.3%
Games of Death II Marolla Acheron - 0%
Ghasts ‘n Gremlins Di Lazzaro Acheron - 12.7%
Grafomante con Delitto Gherardi Bucciarelli Dracomaca - 7.1%
I Misteri delle Catacombe Angiolino Parapiglia - 1.6%
I Misteri di Babilonia Headline Collin MS Edizioni - 5.6%
Il Caso Victoria Cake Orsini Dracomaca - 0.8%
Il Palazzo dei Misteri Orsini Librarsi - 3.2%
In Cerca di Fortuna e altre storie da Ianua e dintorni Angiolino Plesio - 0%
Kadath Sergi Officina Meningi - 4%
Il Leone Bianco d'Acqua Giuliano GoG - 0.8%
L’Occhio della Furia d’Inverno Ward Giochi Uniti - 3.2%
Le Orme Rosse Orsini Rovagnati Lambda - 7.9%
Lo Stregone della Montagna Infuocata Jackson Livingstone Raven/Vincent Books - 7.9%
Mago Spacca Detective Privato Zamanni Rotelli Autoproduzione - 5.6%
Makthum La Fuga Cecchi GoG - 0%
Metal Heroes and the Fate of Rock Harder Raven/Vincent Books - 2.4%
Nel Vortice del Tempo Bailey Bailey Raven/Vincent Books - 0.8%
Oscura Carcosa Bianchini Aristea - 5.6%
Shugendo Simionato Acheron - 1.6%
Somora La Città della Menzogna Sussner Sussner Raven/Vincent Books - 0.8%
Turno di Notte Hancox Raven/Vincent Books - 4%
Una Notte da Cana Tartarotti MS Edizioni - 8.7%
Verso la Terrasanta Cresci Aristea - 9.5%

Voti totali: 126

Books-games in Russia

Re: Books-games in Russia

Privet Skald!
priatna komitsa! smile

How do Italian readers generally feel about game books? As to literature for teenagers, or as to enough serious?

(unfortunately) on this forum we don't have any teenager posting on daily basis! We're mostly around 30-40 years old but we're spreading the gamebook passion to our little relatives. Italian gamebooks nowadays generally target (young) adults, while in the 80s-90s golden age they were normally adressed to children. The same Lone Wolf Saga was translated back in the 80s to suit teenagers but the new "deluxe edition" with coloured maps features a brand new translation dedicated to a more adult audience. Adult audience that loves to feel the adventure vibes of the magic 80s wink

What are the most famous gamebooks series in Russia?

In questo libro il protagonista sei TU!

LordAxim
Direttor. Lup. Mann.
Cavaliere del Sole
ranks
useravatar
1353 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi
Administrator has disabled public posting

Hi! Thank you! Yes, I also think that nowadays you need to write focusing more on young adults. As I noticed, in the Russian community the average age is 30 years (although there is an author of 60 years, and the author of 20 years), the French-40-50 years, the Bulgarians 30-40. The most famous series of books in Russia is called "the way of the Hero", and the most famous author of books-games is Dmitry Yuryevich Braslavsky: in 1991 his first book-game "Dungeons of the Black Castle" was published, which sold 100,000 copies, after which he wrote many more books. He had many disciples and followers, the most famous of which Olga Vladimirovna Golovina. They wrote a large number of books on a variety of topics. For example, many consider the best book of Braslav "Faithful Sword of the King" - a book-game on the historical theme of the opposition of Protestants supporters of Henry of Navarre and the Catholic League: the main character-a Protestant, one of its main parameters is the character of Honor, and if he commits meanness and changes his religion, Honor falls, and if it falls to zero - he takes his own life because of contempt for himself; at the same time the game has a time limit and the hero has to hurry to execute the order of the king and in parallel to revenge the murderer of the father. Nowadays, many books are written on different topics: for example, I personally wrote a book-game "laughing" (here is an untranslatable word game: there is an expression "going to death", but "death" and" laughter " are consonant) about the jester who organized a coup in the city-state of Western Europe of the XVI century (this book was the size of 1270 pages, contained more than a thousand paragraphs and won the Book-game Grant 2017); also, in addition to single books, I wrote a series of books "sea tales" (not quite correctly translated, I do not know how exactly) about the captain of the Navy of the XVI century and his travels in the Mediterranean, in Turkey and China. My friend, Yuri Kharlamov, recently wrote the world's largest book, the game, published in one volume-"the Threshold": it has 2500 paragraphs and it is huge. Young author (21 years old) Innokenty Kravtsov wrote a serious book about the Vietnam war. Now there is an interest in serious historical books.

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

From foreign series, perhaps, the most popular in Russia series FF-Jan Livingston and Steve Jackson very respect)

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Skald ha scritto:

I personally wrote a book-game "laughing" (here is an untranslatable word game: there is an expression "going to death", but "death" and" laughter " are consonant) about the jester who organized a coup in the city-state of Western Europe of the XVI century (this book was the size of 1270 pages, contained more than a thousand paragraphs and won the Book-game Grant 2017); also, in addition to single books, I wrote a series of books "sea tales" (not quite correctly translated, I do not know how exactly) about the captain of the Navy of the XVI century and his travels in the Mediterranean, in Turkey and China. My friend, Yuri Kharlamov, recently wrote the world's largest book, the game, published in one volume-"the Threshold": it has 2500 paragraphs and it is huge. Young author (21 years old) Innokenty Kravtsov wrote a serious book about the Vietnam war. Now there is an interest in serious historical books.

WOOOW  yikes2
please give us a link of your books (and about the others you mention)! i am very curious to see them and have more informations. Are they illustrated? Were they translated into english professionally or by a community of gamebook lovers?  cool2

let's keep in touch!!  teach  we must gather our forces!
poka!

In questo libro il protagonista sei TU!

LordAxim
Direttor. Lup. Mann.
Cavaliere del Sole
ranks
useravatar
1353 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Thank you! Actually, until recently, the Russian-speaking community almost did not communicate with anyone, then got acquainted with the Bulgarian community and several Russian books were translated into Bulgarian, and several Bulgarian into Russian. Many English-language books were translated into Russian, but people did not do the opposite until I suggested the opposite: it is not only that it is more difficult for people to translate from their language to someone else's than from someone else's to their own, but also that a native speaker is needed, ready to check the correctness of the translation. Since the translation of large books-games is expensive, and it may not pay off, I came up with the following: since in addition to books-games, I wrote a large number of "ordinary" books of different directions (realistic, historical, fantastic, poems, prose, stories, novels, even Opera libretto, mostly avant - garde), I, having made friends with representatives of different communities, appealed to them with a request: the translator helps me translate my works into English, starting with small stories, and gradually; she (Maria Eroshkina) translates into English, her friend Jen Duncan from the UK edits the book in English, my friend from the community of book-games lovers from Spain, Pablo Martinez, translates from English into Spanish. The French agreed to help, but they are now in competition and they will be able to help with translations later, as well as friends from Bulgaria. I expect so: the more I stop to take, and the more you work to publish, the faster I will be able to raise funds for Amazon to bring such a big book-games for English and give them to the communities for those games all over the world. The French answered me: "Of course, if you translate books from Russian into English, and from English into French or German, they will be very different from the original. But it's better than nothing." If you help me translate short stories into Italian, it would help me speed up the fundraising process, because Amazon is increasing the reach of the audience, and although one work alone brings little money, if it is published a lot - in General, it is gradually going on.

https://ridero.ru/author/loginov_gennadii_m9upu/  - My books in Russian

https://ridero.ru/author/loginov_gennadiy_vibu_/  - My books are in English and Spanish

https://quest-book.ru/directory/author/ … 8%ED%EE%E2 - my books on the Russian community website

https://quest-book.ru/directory/preddverie/ - the biggest book-a game in the world, written by Yuri Kharlamov

https://quest-book.ru/directory/foxtrot-u/ - the book is about the Vietnam war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7hnl57skC0 - and this is me at the beginning of Opera singing training

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

Skald ha scritto:

about the jester who organized a coup in the city-state of Western Europe of the XVI century

Are you talking about Pocket? King Lear's jester? I've read that book.

"La grammatica è tutto ciò che conta"

gabrieleud
Ssisaggi style
Principe del Sole
ranks
useravatar
6533 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

If you help me translate short stories into Italian, it would help me speed up the fundraising process, because Amazon is increasing the reach of the audience, and although one work alone brings little money, if it is published a lot - in General, it is gradually going on.

Skald, I speak Russian, Italian and English, so PM me if you need any help with translations.

Moloch.
Iniziato
ranks
useravatar
74 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

gabrieleud, no, I'm talking about my book. We are talking about the state of Kokan (there was such a fictional state in the tales of medieval Europe) https://quest-book.ru/directory/idushiy_na_smekh/

Moloch, thank you! Now write personal message)

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

You have a very interesting forum and a nice community)

Skald
Novizio
ranks
useravatar
13 Messaggi
Info utenti nei messaggi

wink

Skald
Novizio
ranks